The Investment Assistant acts as an important part of the investment team. The Investment Assistant works directly with all members of the investment team, including the Chief Investment Officer, to support all functions of managing the university’s endowment. In addition to supporting the investment team, the Investment Assistant will also complete special projects relevant to financial markets. Candidates for this position must be able to work at least twelve (12) hours per week within the KSU Foundation’s hours of operation during the school year, and forty (40) hours per week during the Summer. This is a temporary part time, non-exempt, student position.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Utilize various software (MS Office, eVestment, Bloomberg) and spreadsheets to assist in monitoring investment manager compliance and performance.
2. Maintain various database software and spreadsheets to assist in monitoring investment manager compliance and performance. Generate reports as requested.
3. Create Standard Operating Procedures for the investment department.
4. Assist investment team in writing formal research on investment managers.
5. Prepare for and attend investment manager meetings as requested.
6. Maintain investment manager imaging system.
Desired Skills & Experience: